Are you passionate about local food and farming?
Become a shareholder in the world’s first community-supported journal on local food and farming!
The Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development became open access on January 1, 2018 — in our 8th year of publication. This meets our mission of providing research-based information to people on the ground working to build equitable and resilient local food systems.
Borrowing from the CSA model in the local food movement, we're spreading the cost broadly to make JAFSCD free to all as a community-supported journal. We welcome you to become a shareholder!
- Free basic listing in the Sustainable Food Systems Sourcebook
- Receive our JAFSCD article heads-up email when new content is published
- Participate in an annual equity and impact survey of the journal
- Share your own story by writing a “Voice of the Grassroots” commentary
- Become part of the JAFSCD community that supports the journal as a critical part of the good food movement infrastructure!
Your Share Also Supports Our...
- author mentoring program for new authors, especially those with nonacademic backgrounds
- consulting editor program for non-native English-speaking authors
- outreach to historically Black, Hispanic, and Tribal institutions as well as to underserved communities
Recommended Share Donation
Any donation of $25 or more makes you a shareholder!