This year marks the 50th Anniversary of
FOCUS Churches of Albany!
In 1967 a concerned group of clergy, church members and citizens joined together to address the needs of the hungry and homeless in Albany. Recognizing that one church, or group of individuals, could not successfully address these issues alone, the FOCUS churches joined together. Today there are six covenant churches, six interfaith food pantry affiliates, and numerous other faith communities who support the work and mission of FOCUS. Thank you!
As the needs of our community have grown, so have the array of services.
FOCUS provided in 2016:
● The Breakfast Program (opened in 1984), served an average of 104 individuals three days a week during the cold months and 51 twice a week during the warmer months.
● The Interfaith Food Pantry (opened in 1976) provided meals for an average of 317 households per month.
● Advocacy on social justice issues to end hunger and poverty.
● Equipped over 150 children with school supplies in the fall.
● “Gardening in a Bucket for Kids” promoted healthy eating habits helping students learn to grow their own vegetables.
In this current climate of fiscal uncertainty, FOCUS is asking for your support.