Most people know that Habitat for Humanity of Dutchess County BUILDS. We build homes. We build strength, stability and self-reliance through safe and affordable homeownership. Part of our mission is working to ensure that the residents of Dutchess County can remain in safe homes so they can thrive in their community. Dutchess County residents whose homes have fallen into disrepair due to financial and/or physical hardships are invited to apply to our Home Preservation Program.
Home Preservation Programs include:
Brush with Kindness is an exterior home preservation program that allows eligible homeowners to continue to live in safe, decent, affordable homes for years to come.
Examples projects include:
- Minor outdoor/external repairs
Critical Home Repairs are extensive interior or exterior work performed to alleviate critical health, life and safety issues or code violations for eligible homeowners in need.
Examples of projects include:
- Repair of porch steps
- Construction/Installation of RAMPS
- Repair/Installation of handrails
- Fitting bathrooms with accessible fixtures
- Creating safe access to utilities (i.e. moving washer/dryer out of basement)
- Structural changes to accommodate wheel chairs/walkers
Please help our neighbors and support this program by donating here.