For nearly 18 years, the Hangar Theatre has relied on a 1994 Isuzu Pickup Truck to transport large props, scenic materials, and other theatrical supplies. This 22-year-old vehicle has exceeded its useful lifespan.
- At least 30 drivers have learned stick-shift on this pickup truck, which means ...
- The clutch has been replaced three times
- With only three months of local driving out of the year, there are still over 100,000 miles on the odometer
- Safety standards are more stringent with newer vehicles
- Maintenance costs are lower with newer vehicles, especially due to ...
- Unexpected yet necessary urgent repairs for older vehicles
- Inclement weather means: delaying transport of needed items or, since 'the show must go on,' risking damage to theatrical supplies. (How long do you think it takes for a soggy couch to dry out?)
A newer, quality pre-owned vehicle will ensure:
- More flexibility in drivers (do you know how to drive a standard?)
- Current safety standards for vehicles (airbags and seat belts are lifesavers)
- Fewer unexpected repairs - and long-term cost savings
- More efficient and safer transport of supplies, props, and materials
The Hangar Theatre received a $3,000 grant from the Legacy Foundation in support of this purchase. You can help the Hangar make a company cargo van a reality with a gift to match this grant. Thank you for your support!