...to the Cancer Resource Center's Giving Tuesday Fundraiser Page! We're so glad you're here, and we're excited to tell you about our agency's important work in the community. But first, allow us to introduce ourselves!
The Cancer Resource Center started in 1994 as Ithaca Breast Care Alliance, and has proudly served those in the Finger Lakes region affected by all cancers since 2007. Today, we're a team of four and a board of eleven, with dozens of regular volunteers and hundreds of clients served all across the region.
(Left to right, that's our Executive Director Kim Pugliese, Program Director Jennifer Northrop, Client Services Specialist Bert Scholl, and Agency Administrator Carla Baudrons.)
...is to create and sustain a community of support for people living with and affected by cancer. That means everyone from the person diagnosed to the family, caregivers, and community around them, because no matter how prepared you are, and no matter what the prognosis, we need each other when dealing with this terrible disease.
What We Do
- CRC offers one-to-one support for all of our clients. We're here for you! Our compassionate staff and enthusiastic volunteers work hard to ensure that everyone who walks through our doors is heard, seen, and cared for to the best of our ability.
- We host regular support groups for all types of cancer. Some groups meet in person, but most meet over Zoom these days. We also host weekly yoga classes, mindfulness meditations, and educational series.
- The Emily Virkler Boutique is our in-house pampering station, providing quality new and used wigs, prostheses, mastectomy bras, hats, and more, all free and delivered with one-to-one attention from our experienced staff.
- We also provide limited financial assistance for clients experiencing hardships through the Angel Fund, which covers certain client expenses such as gas, transportation, and lodging for treatment visits, groceries and utility bills, and more.
- All our services are free for anyone affected by cancer.
How You Can Help
- Donate to this fundraiser! All of the funds that we raise stay local. When you give to CRC, you can rest assured that every penny of your donation will go directly to supporting individuals with cancer in the Finger Lakes.
- Volunteer! Apply to join our amazing Volunteer team here! We're always looking for empathetic people to join us in furthering our mission.
- Spread the word! Help us reach your community by sharing this fundraiser to your personal social media. Since we're a small agency, we just don't have the means to get the word out as far as we'd like, but there are still many people in our region who haven't even heard of us! Help us get the word out there so that no one faces cancer alone!
- Spread the word! Help us reach your community by sharing this fundraiser to your personal social media. Since we're a small agency, we just don't have the means to reach as far as we'd like, but there are still many people in our region who haven't even heard of us! Help us get the word out there so that no one faces cancer alone!