As program of Summit Independent Living, BASE has been a pioneer in the independent living movement and in the Missoula community for the past three years, allowing hundreds of people from all walks of life to build their confidence, learn new skills, become more independent, meet friends, and just have a secure place where they can be completely comfortable and work towards improving their lives. We are going to fight hard to keep it open, free, and accessible to everyone…but we need YOUR help!
What Does BASE Offer the Missoula Community?
- A safe, welcoming community center where people of all abilities can be themselves, learn, meet friends, be themselves, and have fun.
- Mountains of WOW (With Or Without disability) programming, which includes all-abilities yoga, game nights, improv classes, open mics performances, art projects, poetry, dance lessons, and more.
- A place where people of all abilities, ages, and interests can come together to connect with others, laugh and eat a bite, talk to a mentor, or just get a break from the everyday world.
- And it’s all FREE for EVERYONE!
BASE is simply the most welcoming place in town. Besides our weekly programming, BASE has worked with The University of Montana Rural Institute on Disability to design an advocacy tool kit and developed our highly successful monthly BASE Showcase. BASE’s all-inclusive attitude and “Yes” mentality has become a pioneer program for Centers for Independent Living across the country…and there’s so much more we want to — and can — do.
Here’s a short list of our regular programs:
- BASEment Improv
- Game Night
- Art Group
- BASE Showcase
- BASE Talks Podcast
- All-Abilities Yoga
- All-Abilities Dance and Movement.
BASE needs your help and support to keep our doors open and our programming available to everyone.