The CGTI Mid-Year Conference will be held Saturday, January 13 - Sunday, January 14, 2018 in Normal, IL. The Mid-Year Conference is a 24-hour event that youth who attended CGTI in 2017 or any youth who are a part of their prevention (Operation Snowball) group back in their school and/or community can attend to revamp, expand, and celebrate the success of the Community Action Team's (CAT) action plan that was created at CGTI.
Youth will attend workshops to expand their skills in leadership, communication, team building, facilitation, alcohol prevention, bullying prevention, tobacco prevention, and more! Youth will also have time to be with their team to evaluate their current action plan and work to adjust or expand their current plan.
The registration fee is $60/person and covers the following:
- One overnight stay in a double room (with a roommate; additional fees apply for a single (king) room at the hotel)
- Manual with team building activities, CAT action planning material, and ideas for the CAT's plan
- Meals - afternoon break on Saturday, dinner Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday
- A minimum of two workshops/person
- General Session speaker
- Admission to the celebration dance/activities on Saturday evening
Youth typically attend with a team of 7 youth and 1 adult - total cost ($60x8) is $480 per team.
- We are looking for sponsors to cover the cost of youth and/or their team to attend the Mid-Year Conference.
- A donation of $60 will go directly to sponsoring a youth attend. Donation of $480 will sponsor a team to attend.
- Any other donation will go directly to the Mid-Year Conference to offset the cost of speakers, meals, room rental, audio/visual rental, printing of material, and hotel fees for the Conference.
Counties represented at the Cebrin Goodman Teen Institute this past summer:
- Bureau County
- Champaign County
- Cole County
- Cook County
- DuPage County
- Edgar County
- Effingham County
- Fulton County
- Grundy County
- Henry County
- Jackson County
- Kane County
- Lake County
- La Salle County
- Lee County
- Livingston County
- Macon County
- Macoupin County
- Madison County
- Marshall County
- Massas County
- McHenry County
- McLean County
- Menard County
- Peoria County
- Putnam County
- Sangamon County
- St. Clair
- Will County
- Other states: Virginia, Florida, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri
We also are looking for sponsors to help reduce the cost for breaks, meals, and speakers. If you or your business is interested in being a sole sponsor for a meal, break, or sponsoring a speaker session, please contact Ashley Webb at email@example.com or call 217.528.7335 ext. 12.