We all know and have experienced extreme challenges this year. Yet, at CHICAT, we know that there is a lot to still be grateful for. First, we are grateful to our donors and friends like you who have supported us – through a monetary gift, partnership, and/or a kind word of encouragement and gratitude for the work we do. We are also thankful for our youth and adult students who, despite technology glitches, remote learning, and personal difficulties, have preserved to complete classes, pass certification tests, and create inspiring works of art.
We ask for your support so that CHICAT can keep giving too.
CHICAT focuses on North Lawndale, Pilsen, and Little Village, communities that have been significantly impacted by economic and racial disparities so glaringly illuminated this year. The lack of access to learning opportunities that integrate art and technology - twin tools that drive the 21st Century - have deepened the divide in educational and wage attainment, lessened representation of people of color across a range of industries, and diminished the diversity of ideas necessary to create more equitable communities. Since its founding, CHICAT has been committed to investing in people in order to build a more equitable future:
- For our adult students, that means
empowering them with career skills and training to forge a new path and
sustain and advocate for themselves and their families.
- For our youth students, it means teaching art skills so that they can express their ideas, voice, and culture in order to pursue educational and future work opportunities.
Please consider making a contribution to support our youth and adults. A gift of:
- $50 provides supplies for art kits for middle school and high school students who participate in our online design, 3D makers, and digital arts classes.
- $100 helps to pay for certification testing and licensing requirements for an adult graduate to needed to secure employment.
- $250 provides textbooks for our adult students