We hope you will join us at our 9th annual Bingo de Mayo on our new date, Saturday, August 29th, 2020, at the Witte Museum. Bingo de Mayo is a fiesta-themed, family night with food, drinks, bingo, casino games, silent auction, mystery bags, and signature raffle packages unlike any other event!
Each year in this country, roughly 200,000 people die and another 2 million fall victims to preventable medical errors during their stay in the hospital. These numbers make preventable medical errors the third leading cause of death in the United States, and they cost the healthcare system billions of dollars each year. The Louise H. Batz Patient Safety Foundation was founded in May of 2009, ten days after Louise Batz lost her life to a preventable medical error. Since that day, we have gone on a life-changing journey from tragedy to hope!
Our mission is to help families and patients to truly become a part of their healthcare team and reduce the number of preventable medical errors. Over the past 11 years, The Louise H. Batz Patient Safety Foundation has raised over $2.5 million for patient safety, published 10 unique “Batz Guides for Bedside Advocacy”, developed our Batz Patient Guide Apps, established the Batz Foundation Europe in Amsterdam, and shared Louise’s story across the United States, Canada, Europe and South America.
BINGO DE MAYO 2020
With your help, the funds raised from Bingo de Mayo 2020 will support these goals that further our mission to create awareness of patient safety, both locally and internationally:
- Print and distribute the Batz Guide for Bedside Advocacy, “Teaming up for the Patient”
- Print, implement and research the effectiveness of our new Weezie’s Angel NICU Guide for babies
- Develop and grow our Rosie’s Art Project initiative in honor of Rosalyn Dugger Bowers
- Develop a Pediatric Palliative Care Batz Guide partnership with the Gus Owen Stephens Foundation
- Expand the Batz Foundation Europe
- Print and distribute Weezie’s Angel Pediatric Guide and Weezie’s Angel Pediatric Transplant Guide
- Further develop the Batz App for IOS and Android devices and convert them to Spanish
- Expand our Community Health EMPOWER program aimed to help low-income families
Your sponsorship will make these goals a reality!
As we look towards the future of patient safety in our community, the Louise H. Batz Patient Safety Foundation is working with the leadership at University Health System for the development of a Patient and Family Resource Center at University Hospital. This center will offer support services and access to resources and education that empowers patients and their families, increases health literacy, and leads to improved patient outcomes. We will be launching a capital campaign in the near future to help us realize this shared dream. Please be on the lookout for more information on how you can support this venture!
If you wish to support Bingo de Mayo, please REGISTER ONLINE HERE or fill out our PAPER FORM and email or mail it in. If you have any questions or want to learn more about our future capital campaign, please feel free to contact Laura Batz Townsend at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering supporting the Louise H. Batz Foundation. We hope to see you at Bingo de Mayo 2020!