- Develop a crisis impact assessment and identify the key metric driving your fundraising efforts.
- Rewrite and create compelling stories that focus on the mission.
- Create doable online fundraising activities and events.
- Illustrate how to invest in authentic stewardship.
- Employ year-end strategies to recoup losses.
- Identify roles and responsibilities across staff, board and volunteers.
Christal M. Cherry is a nationally recognized nonprofit executive and professionally trained fundraiser. With over 20 years in the nonprofit sector, she has supported higher education institutions, human services organizations, and faith-based missions. Now as CEO of The Board Pro, a consulting firm designed to transform leaders through board service, she customizes training and support for the unique needs of each client. She currently serves on the board of the Greater Atlanta chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the Villages of Carver YMCA. She is on faculty at CANDID and a guest presenter with Bloomerang where she teaches courses and leads webinars in fundraising and board development. She also enjoys membership in the African American Development Officers Network, Toastmasters, and F3, Fabulous Female Fundraisers which she founded. Christal earned a MA in Counseling from Hampton University, a BA in Liberal Arts from Hofstra University, and multiple professional development certifications.