Please Support Heartland Alliance's Relief Fund
Did you know there are more
than 3.6 million COVID-19 related cases worldwide? This unprecedented global
virus knows no boundaries. Its impact has been especially devastating in
communities of color and the resulting health disparities are sobering. This
community often lacks access to healthcare and COVID-19 testing; these communities
are over-represented among the low-wage workforce and are often without paid
sick leave; and they suffer from historical health inequities that result in
chronic health conditions.
As the global COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, WE NEED YOUR HELP as we respond to this public health crisis and continue to serve those most marginalized and vulnerable among us—both locally and across the globe—to provide access to information, resources, and the care needed to respond to the Coronavirus pandemic.
To continue providing critical services, we need flexible dollars in order to provide real-time emergency assistance and supports to our participants. COVID-19 has already led to unprecedented demands for our services and has caused a shortage of supplies and resources.
Your unrestricted, tax-deductible contribution carries forward our mission to support those who are most vulnerable during this global pandemic. Please help by signing up to fundraise on behalf of Heartland Alliance as a peer-to-peer fundraiser TODAY or by making a gift to Heartland Alliance's COVID-19 Relief Fund on May 5.
Your contribution can help us:
- Expand our specialized mobile health services and check-ups for the homeless who are less likely to make it to our clinics.
- Engage our shelter partners to identify those participants who are most at risk for the virus.
- Deliver nutritious food for participants who can no longer come to our grocery centers.
- Secure medical supplies and personal protective equipment for front-line health, residential, and outreach staff.
- Provide health, mental health, and legal assistance for immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers.
- Offer rental assistance for individuals whose income is at high risk due to COVID-19.
- Disseminate materials and resources to individuals who are susceptible to myths about their risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
- Support our international teams that are working to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
- Provide other critical supports for participants and participant-facing employees in this urgent time.