Singing in choirs is the most active form of music making in our country. It crosses boundaries and builds social capital, engages the mind in fantastic ways, and is accessible to almost all humans regardless of physical ability. And each of us already possesses this most natural of musical instruments: our voice.
- reach over 450 young people of all ages from all walks and corners of San Antonio
- extend kids' experiences by performing with the San Antonio Symphony, Opera San Antonio and participating in other innovative collaborations
- provide opportunities for our young artists to tour and travel
- engage young minds with creative programming that nurtures their personal potential
- ignite young singers' passion for music with a team of enthusiastic and experienced faculty led by Dr. Ryan Garrison
- infants, toddlers, and young children ages birth - 4 with over ten music and movement classes in five locations including Haven for Hope,
- young people ages 5 - 18 with nine training and performance ensembles in five locations from near downtown to Stone Oak and Braundera, and
- students in underserved neighborhoods on the East, South and West sides of San Antonio with tuition-free programming that parallels our training ensemble curriculum in every aspect.
- Kids in music programs outperform their peers on math and english standardized tests.
- In school, students participating in music have better attendance, fewer discipline referrals, and are more likely to graduate than non-participating students.
- Singing in a choir develops and maintains strengths and supports beyond music skills that empower our singers to thrive in life including positive values, social competencies, and a strong commitment to learning.
- And, the longer they are involved, the greater the impact!
See and hear CCSA
- We invite you to see the many ways your donation supports CCSA by clicking here
- You can also hear CCSA in recent concerts by following this link
Children's Chorus of San Antonio | 106 Auditorium Circle, Suite 115 | San Antonio, TX 78205
New video available!
April 10, 2019
Hi, Champions and Supporters:
We have a new video available and have included in on our story page for the campaign. Please feel free to reference it in your message to supporters and friends. It's a great message about CCSA from our singers!
Thank you for your support!
P.S. - here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/KRBZH9aCdRg
Day 10 - 34% of goal achieved!
April 6, 2019
Hello Supporters and Champions!
We're so excited - in just over a week, we have raised one-third of our overall match from the Kronkosky Foundation! Thank YOU for your enthusiasm and support!
Day 5 - 11% of overall goal achieved!
April 1, 2019
Hi, Fundraising Champions and Supporters!
We're off to a great start with 11% of our overall goal achieved as we write this update. Here's a graphic you can share on your FB page or Twitter feed. We want you to feel a part of the CCSA family!