Singing in choirs is the most active form of music making in our country. It crosses boundaries and builds social capital, engages the mind in fantastic ways, and is accessible to almost all humans regardless of physical ability. And each of us already possesses this most natural of musical instruments: our voice.
- reach over 450 young people of all ages from all walks and corners of San Antonio
- extend kids' experiences by performing with the San Antonio Symphony, Opera San Antonio and participating in other innovative collaborations
- provide opportunities for our young artists to tour and travel
- engage young minds with creative programming that nurtures their personal potential
- ignite young singers' passion for music with a team of enthusiastic and experienced faculty led by Dr. Ryan Garrison
- infants, toddlers, and young children ages birth - 4 with over ten music and movement classes in five locations including Haven for Hope,
- young people ages 5 - 22 with nine training and performance ensembles in five locations from near downtown to Stone Oak and Braundera, and
- students in underserved neighborhoods on the East, South and West sides of San Antonio with tuition-free programming that parallels our training ensemble curriculum in every aspect.
- Kids in music programs outperform their peers on math and english standardized tests.
- In school, students participating in music have better attendance, fewer discipline referrals, and are more likely to graduate than non-participating students.
- Singing in a choir develops and maintains strengths and supports beyond music skills that empower our singers to thrive in life including positive values, social competencies, and a strong commitment to learning.
- And, the longer they are involved, the greater the impact!