Since 2018, Discover Cayuga Lake has provided greater access to Cayuga Lake and inclusive programming for adults, families, students and early career conservation leaders.
Our work is fueled by community support and eco-tourism programming. In the past year, with help from donors like you, and 10,000 guests aboard the Teal, we provided:
- Free Community Cruises featuring guest presentations, free Family Eco-Cruises, and reduced fare Club Cayuga DJ cruises - for nearly 2000 families and community
- Free weekly "Lake Explorers" cruises where 250 aspiring watershed stewards found opportunities to join citizen monitoring efforts by DCL and other local organizations;
- Hands-on Floating Classroom and Trout in the Classroom programs
for some 3000 students from schools throughout the region;
ahead to 2023, we hope to build on these successes, with emphasis on three key objectives:
- Internships, mentoring and summer employment for 18 teens and young
adults, our rising community and conservation leaders.
- Employment and practical learning experiences for more young adults, via our newly emerging Watershed & Youth Crew Internship Programs;
- Floating Classroom cruises for students from every Cayuga Lake
Watershed community, and beyond;
- New and exciting events that will encourage more community members to get together and enjoy their
Please help us maintain a "full head of steam" by
contributing our Cayuga Lake Community Fund. The Fund supports our free/low-cost programming, and ensures that our flagship, the M/V Teal, is in top condition every year. PLEASE NOTE: additional sponsorship opportunities, supporting DCL internships and other specific initiatives, are available at www.DiscoverCayugaLake.org/donate.
Share this message with friends to help us kick off our 2023 fundraising
*** Your support, via the Cayuga Lake Community Fund, both inspires and underwrites our 'Trout in the Classroom' and 'Floating Classroom' education programs, and our Community Cruise programming, which is intended to build an inclusive, all-ages community on the lake we all love. The Fund also provides critical financial resources to conduct maintenance and required upgrades to MV Teal, valued between $75,000 and $100,000 annually.
If a monetary donation is not possible, consider offering your time and wisdom. We are looking for volunteers, committee members and Board of Directors candidates!