Thank you to all who attended our annual event on Saturday, Sept. 24! As a result of your support, we’ve exceeded our initial goal for 2022. Building off that momentum, we’re challenging our network of women leaders to reach $25,000 in support for this year’s initiatives, including the new Charlie’s Career Closet, Coyote Beginnings Fund and the USD Knudson School of Law Women Leaders Lecture Series. Let’s show the Coyote community how big of impact Women in Philanthropy can have at USD!
More than a single program or organization, the University of South Dakota Women in Philanthropy network is a movement – a uniting of like-minded women using diverse talents, backgrounds and experiences to enhance the university and positively impact its students.
Inspired by a shared mission, USD Women in Philanthropy provides a platform where women can pool their resources, passion and philanthropic insight to make a difference not only in the lives of students but also in their respective communities. By providing opportunities for engagement, women discover their passions and interests and connect with other women to become visionary investors supporting the University of South Dakota.
USD Women in Philanthropy is making a difference far beyond financial contributions. Together, we are:
- Giving women a collective voice at the University of South Dakota.
- Fostering invaluable multi-generational mentoring opportunities.
- Celebrating a powerful and accomplished network of USD women and empowering them to lead.
- Creating opportunities for students to reach their potential and preparing the next generation of leaders.
The 2022 initiatives include:
- Charlie's Career Closet: A new campus endeavor to prepare students for success in their next stage of life: a career. Many students do not have a professional wardrobe, limiting their outfit options or forcing them to buy new ones – which many students cannot afford – when interviewing for jobs, internships, graduate programs and more. Charlie’s Career Closet looks to address this discrepancy by collecting lightly worn professional clothing for women and men that is available to all USD students. When students look their best, they will feel their best. In addition to providing students with professional clothing, Charlie’s Career Closet will also offer other professional development opportunities, such as resumé help, mock interviews and mentorships. Having access to professional clothing without a cost barrier and these additional opportunities will have a profound impact on students’ confidence when pursuing their post-graduation dreams.
- Coyote Beginnings Fund: USD has a storied history of educating the leaders, teachers, visionaries, entrepreneurs and so many others who make our state great. As we recognize and honor our past, we seek new opportunities to help students realize their full potential. Through the Coyote Beginnings Fund, we will inspire students to pursue their higher education dreams by investing in their abilities. We will help them envision the endless possibilities for their future and seize opportunities to make it a reality. Our legacy lies in educating those who work hard to make a difference; Coyote Beginnings keeps moving us forward by making higher education accessible to all.
- Knudson School of Law Women Leaders Speaker Series: The USD Knudson School of Law has a tradition of excellence, service and leadership. This is apparent when you consider the many alumnae who have changed the trajectory of their communities by putting these traits into action. This speaker series, now in its second year as a Women in Philanthropy initiative, brings law school alumnae to campus for panel discussions focused on excellence, service and leadership to help current female law students learn how they can build a career path and be an advocate for these values. This is an investment in the legal capabilities of South Dakota and future lawyer leaders.
Contributions to the 2022 Women in Philanthropy will support all initiatives supported by the network.