Please join us for the 6th Annual Walk to Bust Cancer! Last year was an amazing demonstration of the love and support our community has for helping others.
We are excited to welcome walkers and supporters back to Fort Hunt Park this year along with our virtual walkers!
We recognize that we have gained suporters across these United States who were thrilled to join us "virtually" for our month long "Walk to Bust Cancer" last year. This year we offer TWO OPTIONS: Walk with us on October 24 at the park or pick your day wherever you are.
Another event we want to carry forward will be the "Angel Wings" travelling around the community, raising awareness and supporting the Walk to Bust Cancer fund raising. The Angel Wing Challenge is back. Schedules will be updated at http://www.walktobustcancer.org/
We raise funds to support, within our local community, women, men and families who need assistence in screening, diagnosis and treatment for Breast Cancer. This is our 6th year and we are proud of all the people we have been able to help because of your participation. We have been able to help women and men who have lost their jobs and insurance coverage to get proper screening and treatment for breast cancer. Waiting for care creates a greater risk for Late stage detection and cancer advancing and spreading. Help us make a difference.
This is the single biggest fundraiser for the National Breast Center Foundation. Funds raised with this year’s Walk to Bust Cancer will allow us to provide care that directly benefits our community and far beyond.
- Walk in a way that meets personal safety precautions
- Walk where you live
- Walk anytime during the month of October OR
- Walk with us IN PERSON at Fort Hunt Park October 24, 2021
- Angel Wall "wings" - we will have our wings on the move. Find the wings and take a picture to share on social media. Use #walktobustcancer and # name of the business/location. Make sure to challenge at least 5 of your friends to register and walk. Want to know more about the Angel Wall?
- Do you have a lot of spirit? Creative team costumes? Send us your photos/videos and be eligible for additional prizes!
- Top Fundraising Individual and Team will be recognized with something special - DETAILS TO FOLLOW - If the top individual and or team are present at Fort Hunt Park they will lead the walk with Dr. Weintritt.
- Registrations after October 10, 2021 are not guaranteed a shirt.
PLEASE NOTE -- all SHIRTS are UNISEX SIZING so select accordingly -- trading sizes cannot be accommodated
We can't wait to see your creative ideas and to see how you show your spirit for this great event.
- Once you register, you will have the option of joining a team or creating one
- Remember to share you pictures and videos #walktobustcancer
- Shirt pick up to be announced prior to walk
- Updates on local events can be found at http://www.walktobustcancer.org/
SPONSOR LEVEL GIVING
Donations can be made through this website or by mail.
All registrations must be completed through this website, inclduing day of the event. Mail in donations can be sent as follows:
Checks payable to : National Breast Center Foundation
Mail to : NBCF
PO Box 7257
Alexandria, VA 22307
WTBC Event Day Information
October 22, 2021
Sunday October 24,2021
WALK TO BUST CANCER- DAY OF INFORMATION
We are so very thankful and excited to have had such an overwhelming response this year. Kind and generous hearts are alive and well in our area and all of you are proof.
We want Sunday to be a day of community and healing, so we are sending out some reminders of policies and requirements for the day of.
Schedule for the Day:
7:30 AMSHIRT PICK UP OPENS
8:30 AMBARRE3 STRETCHES ON GRASS
9:00 AMPROGRAM BEGINS:
- MEDITATION BY MINDFUL JUNKIE
- REMARKS BY DR. WEINTRITT
- DANCE BY ARTSPIRE VA DANCERS
- WARM UPS BY BARRE 3
- TOP FUNDRAISERS GO TO ARCH WITH DR. WEINTRITT TO LEAD THE WALK
9:30 AMWALK BEGINS
10:00 AMYOGA STRETCHING/COOL DOWN WITH TARA CASAGRANDE AND DELIA SULLIVAN
BE WELL – STAY SAFE