Walk to Bust Cancer
Please join us for the 6th Annual Walk to Bust Cancer! Last year was an amazing demonstration of the love and support our community has for helping others. We are excited to offer walkers and suporters back to Fort Hunt Park this year. We also recognize that we have gained suporters across these United States who were thrilled to join us "virtually" for our month long "Walk to Bust Cancer" last year. SO we will be offering those same oppotunities this year. Walk with us on October 24 at the park or pick your day wherever you are.
Another great tradition was created during our 2020 walk and that was the "Angel Wings". Our Wa
We have committed to use the funds that we have raised to help women and men who have lost their jobs and insurance coverage to get proper screening and treatment for breast cancer. The longer individuals wait for care, the greater the risk of later stage detection and cancer advancing and spreading. This is the single biggest fundraiser for the National Breast Center Foundation. Funds raised with this year’s Walk to Bust Cancer will allow us to provide care that directly benefits our community and far beyond.
What is the Walk To Bust Cancer 2021
- Walk in a way that meets personal safety precautions
- Walk where you live
- Walk anytime during the month of October
- Support local businesses and sponsors while raising awareness and encouraging registrations for the walk (stay tuned for exciting collaborations with our supporting businesses, restaurants, exercise studios, and more)
- Angel Wall "wings" - we will have our wings on the move. Find the wings and take a picture to share on social media. Use #walktobustcancer and # name of the business/location. Make sure to challenge at least 5 of your friends to register and walk. Want to know more about the Angel Wall? Watch the insprational video below.
- Do you have a lot of spirit? Creative team costumes? Send us your photos/videos and be eligible for additional prizes!
- Create a Team - raise the most money for WTBC and receive special recognition/reward
- T-Shirts will be available for pick up starting October XXXXX 2021. Registrations after October XX are not guaranteed a shirt.
We can't wait to see your creative ideas and to see how you show your spirit for this great event.
- Once you register, you will have the option of joining a team or creating one
- Remember to share you pictures and videos #walktobustcancer
- Shirt pick up to be announced prior to walk
Updates on local events can be found at http://www.walktobustcancer.org/What your donations can provide
TO SPONSOR THE WALK, PLEASE CLICK ON APPROPRIATE SPONSORSHIP LEVEL ON REGISTRATION PAGE.
Please take a few moments to view our video about one of the families who has personally benefited from the National Breast Center Foundation efforts and see what a great community day the WALK TO BUST CANCER creates. Come out and join us!