Wow!! Here we are, a month out and the dust is finally starting to settle!
So many pictures to share:
Please check out the 1500 pictures posted here (scroll up) and on Facebook (please tag & share generously!) If you were at the event, there is a very good chance that there is a picture of you in one of these albums (and we are still waiting for a few more photographers to get us their photos.) If you have photos you'd like to share, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org; we'd love to add them to the "Community" album.
We have so many people to thank:
- The 642 participants and 1703 donors who helped us raise $166,856 so far!! The money will keep coming in until the end of the year, so please follow up with your friends & family who said they'd sponsor you, but haven't yet!! You can still earn a CRC portable phone charger for raising $500! Here's the website link: gvgb.co/WalkRun2018
- Our 61 extremely generous Corporate Sponsors, who together raised $40,000! Please thank them with your business. A special shout-out to Cayuga Medical Center for being our presenting Corporate Sponsor, providing our delicious pancake breakfast, and raising an additional $1,800 - GO, CMC Cancer Crushers!
- The 24 entertainers who braved the elements, and entertained the masses. Some even brought their instruments (above & beyond the call of duty), while the rest improvised & sang "You are my sunshine" in the rain! Click here to see a list, and some photos of the folks who so generously donated their time & talents.
- The Committee who put it all together! Special shout-out to new comer Alex Kleinerman, welcome aboard! And Brian Wilbur, the backbone of the operation. We couldn’t have done it without you.
- The 150+ volunteers & in-kind donors who helped make the Walkathon & 5K run so smoothly. We could not have carried it off without your help. This is truly a community-supported event in so many ways!
If you haven’t picked up your prize or shirt, please do so. You can also buy a shirt online or at CRC for $15.
Race Times & Prize Winners:
- Here are the race times and a list of our fundraising champions (as of 11pm Friday 10/12):
Patti Papapietro - $3,550.00
Rosemary Lang- $3,065.00
Claudia Ayers- $3,050.00
Chaya Spector- $2,700.00
Jason Hungerford- $1,985.00
Friday Noon Group- $13,561.00
Goes With Rose- $6,315.00
Ithaca College Softball- $5,230.00
Alpha Kappa Alpha- $4,120.09
Thank you, everybody! See you next year!
Jyl & Sharon
Saturday, October 13thCass Park - 701 Taughannock Blvd
EARLYBIRD & ONLINE REGISTRATION ARE CLOSED. Registration is now $50.
You can register:
Thur. Oct. 11: In person at CRC.
Fri. Oct. 12:
No registrations accepted anywhere.
Fri. Oct. 12: 2-7pm In person at FLRC
Sat. Oct. 13: 8:30-9:45am at Cass Park.
Bib/Shirt Pick-up and Late Registration:
Fri., Oct. 12 from 2 - 7pm
The Finger Lakes Running Company
215 E. State St., (275-FLRC)
Pre-registered participants: Bib & shirt pick-upUn-registered participants: Late registration ($50), bib, & shirt pick-up
There is no "Team registration fee", all participants must register as individuals, whether joining a team or not.
You will be given the option to start or join a Team AFTER you fill out your individual information when registering.
If you have already registered and want to edit your personal page, click here & sign in (top right hand corner of the website.)
Day of event schedule:
8:30-9:45 Registration/Bib & shirt pick up/Donation drop off
9:45 Zumba Warm-up
10:00 Walk & 5K Run begin
10:30 Pancake breakfast (free)
11:15 Announce race winners & prizes (approximate time) Quilt raffle drawing!
A T-shirt is included in the registration fee.
Click here to purchase a shirt WITHOUT registering.
Click here for a detailed description of the shirts.
Availability for pick up:
- At the event
- Oct. 1 thru Dec. 31 at CRC*
- EXCEPTION: shirts will be at FLRC on Oct. 12 from 2-7pm
There will be long lines on Oct. 12 & 13. We recommend picking up your shirt at CRC ahead of time!
Shirt sizes are NOT guaranteed for shirts ordered after 9/19
V-neck, shorter torso, shorter sleeves
U-neck, longer torso, longer sleeves
This event raises a third of our annual operating budget, so we have a strong expectation that individuals will raise at least $500, and teams will raise at least $1500. The money raised at this event provides unique and valuable services to our clients. Click here see some examples of how your money was used in 2017 to support individuals with cancer.
Individuals who turn in $500 or more before Dec. 31st will receive a Walkathon portable charger available for pick up before or after (but not during) the event. The top 5 individual fundraisers will receive a $50 gift certificate for Maxie's. The top 5 fundraising teams (as of Thursday, Oct. 11th at noon) will have a sign posted at the finish line showing their team name & the total amount of money that they raise.
Look for the Photo Booth & "Meet-up Spot" by the fire pit
Tell your friends & team members to look for the "Meet-up Spot" banner, and have free individual, team & Photo Booth photos taken. Help us spread the word
Join, Like & Share our Facebook Event page!
The parking lots immediately surrounding the event will close when full, and not open again until 11am. Please do not park in these areas if you need to leave the event early. Parking is limited, so please carpool or use one of these other ways of getting there.
Accessible parking spots are located in the Children's Garden lot as well as the lot next to the ball fields. If you need to drop someone off closer to the event site, do so before 9am.
Misc Runner Info:
- Headsets & dogs are NOT allowed in the 5K.
- People running with strollers must start at the BACK of the runners.
- For those placing in their age category, adult runners will receive a gift certificate to Gimme! Coffee & young runners will receive a gift certificate for a large sundae at Purity! (gift cards generously donated by both businesses!)