Many of us look forward to summertime’s graduations, weddings and vacations. But hunger and poverty in Albany do not take a break. Once again, we anticipate increased needs for families with children as schools close and the children no longer have access to breakfast and lunch 5 days a week.
• The Interfaith Food Pantry provides healthy food to an average of 275 households each month. You can provide 6 days of meals for one person, including fresh produce for $40. Or you can provide a family of three with ingredients for 18 meals (6 days) for $120.
• Breakfast Express– FOCUS volunteers serve a cold buffet breakfast two times a week, averaging 50 guests per morning from April to November. You can provide breakfast and a bag lunch for 25 people for $50. Your $100 donation will feed all our breakfast guests at BEX for a day.
• FOCUS Advocates continue to speak truth to power, working in coalition with local, statewide and national advocacy groups to enact public policies that move beyond charity to seek justice for all. Our collective voice makes a difference in the fight against hunger and poverty as we work to empower the poor.
• Gardening in a Bucket For Kids is back “on the road” to local family homeless shelters, Albany public schools and more. Last year, you helped reach over 150 families with this fun and educational project that promotes healthy eating.
• FOCUS on School Supplies Project—Each August, you help us provide about 250 children from low income households with the basic supplies each student needs to begin school.
Thank you for your gift. You are making a difference for many!
Rev. Jeffrey Matthews
President, Board of Directors
Rev. Jim Ketcham