On July 24-25, 2019, GiveGab celebrated its third annual Giving Day Leaders Forum (GDLF), bringing together philanthropic leaders from all corners of the country.
Located at the GiveGab headquarters in Ithaca, NY, fifty-seven people attended in person and thirty-eight joined in remotely, with a total of fifty-two GiveGab Giving Days represented.
The in-person attendees (pictured below with some of the GiveGab team) raised more than $200 million for over 24 thousand nonprofits over the past twelve months! It was incredible to celebrate this accomplishment with all of them.
GDLF 2019 Agenda
Agenda items for this year’s GDLF included educational sessions that covered topics around Giving Day strategy, the Future of Giving Days, Storytelling, Marketing, Business Fundraisers, Data Analysis, Email Communication Strategies, Prize Strategies, GiveGab’s Product Roadmap, and more.
GDLF attendees were assigned to different teams and each gave a presentation at the end of the first day, pitching new and creative Giving Day ideas to the group, including most of the GiveGab team from different departments.
“It’s incredible to have so many of our partners all together in one place. The collaboration has lead to amazing ideas and great possibilities, and it’s also nice to spend time with so many other great people with the same goals and similar experiences.” – Charlie Mulligan, CEO and Co-Founder
GDLF 2019 Attendees
The GDLF 2019 had Giving Day leaders present from community foundations, nonprofit networks, and higher education institutions. Below are some of the GiveGab Giving Days that were represented this year.
Community Foundation and Nonprofit Network Giving Days:
- Abilene Gives – Abilene, TX
- Amplify Austin – Austin, TX
- Do More 24 Racine – Racine, WI
- Family Promise Giving Day – Nationwide Affiliates
- Give Big CHQ – Jamestown, NY
- Give Big Green Bay – Green Bay, WI
- Give Big Kern – Kern County, CA
- Give For Good Louisville – Louisville, KY
- Give. Grow. Iowa 4-H – Iowa
- Give Local Greater Waterbury & Litchfield Hills – Waterbury, CT
- Give Local Lancaster – Lancaster, SC
- Give Local York – York, PA
- Horizons Giving Day – Nationwide Affiliates
- #HudsonGives – Jersey City, NJ
- Hudson Valley Gives – Hudson Valley, NY
- Idaho Gives – Idaho
- #iGiveCatholic – Global Giving Day
- Missoula Gives – Missoula, MT
- NH Gives – New Hampshire
- Palmyra’s Great Give – Palmyra, PA
- Spring2ACTion – Alexandria, VA
- St. Augustine Giving Day – Saint Augustine, FL
- Texoma Gives – Wichita Falls, TX
- The Amazing Give – Gainesville, FL
- The Big Give – San Antonio, TX
- The Big Share – Madison, WI
- The Extraordinary Give – Lancaster County, PA
- The Great Give – Greater New Haven, CT
- The Spring Share – Maine
- #WeGiveCatholic – Northeast Ohio
- Yellowstone Valley Gives – Billings, MT
“I appreciate the entire GG team for the work they put into these in-person forums – they are extremely important for me and my team to get to know folks who are doing this work in other cities and share with each other. I plan on budgeting for my entire staff to attend next year!” – Scott McAninch, The Big Give
College and University Giving Days:
- Canisius Giving Day – Canisius College
- Cornell Giving Day – Cornell University
- #GivingDayUMD – University of Maryland
- Notre Dame Day – University of Notre Dame
- Purdue Day of Giving – Purdue University
- Wheaton Gives – Wheaton College
- NC State Day of Giving – NC State University
- TU Big Give – Towson University
- Vanderbilt Giving Day – Vanderbilt University
“Great conference! I really enjoyed meeting the GiveGab team in person and connecting with peers. I gained a lot of knowledge that sparked new ideas, plus it was a lot of fun!” – Nicole Smith, Vanderbilt University
This year’s GDLF was so successful, we’re already being asked about our plans for 2020! All of our current Giving Day partners will continue to receive email updates about the event as soon as we have them. Thank you to everyone who helped make this event so inspiring and memorable. We look forward to seeing all of you with even more of your peers next year!