During the COVID-19 outbreak, Cayuga Health System partnered with GiveGab to rally support for Cayuga Medical Center and Schuyler Hospital. Cayuga Health System has been at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19, working diligently to keep their patients and community safe in a world full of unknowns. As the Hospital System’s needs began to skyrocket, their ability to plan for their in-person fundraising events was brought to a standstill.
They were looking for a new way to connect with donors where they were – online. With the support of GiveGab, they determined the best way to move forward in their fundraising efforts was to host a 24-hour virtual event, Cayuga Heath Giving Day. Cayuga Health System went into their day with a goal of $100,000 to help supplement what they typically brought in from their two annual galas, and were astonished to see this effort bring in over $155,000.
In this case study, Steve Savage and Steph Bailey from Cayuga Medical Center Foundation, along with Tiffany Bloss from Schuyler Health Foundation, shared the story behind their combined efforts to pivot from their two in-person galas to a streamlined virtual Giving Day during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Topics Covered in This Case Study Include:
- Using an online Giving Day to significantly reduce fundraising operation costs in comparison to their in-person galas
- How a Giving Day gave Cayuga Medical System the ability to promote equity among their departments and accessibility among donors
- Their emphasis on creating engaging and creative virtual content to spread the word about their specific needs and increase involvement among supporters around their Cayuga Health Giving Day
- Using peer-to-peer fundraising to generate engagement among current donors and have a wider reach for new donors
- The benefits of being able to streamline their donor stewardship processes through collected donor data
“Utilizing Peer-to-Peer Fundraising for our Giving Day not only allowed us to engage key stakeholders such as our Board of Directors, Physicians, and Hospital Staff, it allowed us to greatly expand the reach of our cause far beyond expectations. Our mission came directly from those who care the most – those having a personal and direct interest in our success.” – Tiffany Bloss, Director of the Schuyler Health Foundation
Read more about Cayuga Health Giving Day and how the Cayuga Health System team reduced their estimated fundraising costs by 91.5% and increased their revenue by 27% by hosting a virtual Giving Day with GiveGab.