In order to feel secure with a website, especially when it’s being used for high-volume giving, such as with a big Giving Day event, you need a platform that’s simple to use, secure, user/mobile-friendly, and one with great customer support.
Here are some questions to ask when analyzing a Giving Day platform:
1. What is their performance history for Giving Days?
- How many Giving Days have they done and how successful were they?
- Did any of their Giving Days crash?
- Do they have any negative or positive reviews from customers?
2. Are their Giving Day pages attractive?
- What do their Giving Day pages look like?
- Do you feel like they have a simple and attractive user interface?
- Are the participants well-represented with their own brand or style?
- Are any of them available for you to look at after the Giving Day is over?
- If so, do you want to stay and look around or are they nothing special?
3. Do they use reliable & modern technology?
- Are their Giving Day pages mobile friendly, so people can donate from any device?
- Are their donation forms clean and simple or clunky and confusing?
- What payment system do they use or is it unclear?
4. How is their customer support?
- How easy is it to connect with someone with questions or concerns?
- Do they have a live chat feature or only email?
- Have their customers left any positive or negative reviews about customer support?
5. How quickly do participants get their donations?
- When do donations made through the platform get transferred to the participants’ bank accounts?
- Is it within 48 hours, 15 days, a month?
- Is this information easy to find on the company’s website?
6. Do they offer prizes or other perks to increase donations?
- What is their Giving Day experience like?
- Do they have cool features such as leaderboards and/or do they offer prizes?
- What have their Giving Day customers said about their experiences??
7. What happens after the Giving Day is over?
- Does the Giving Day platform provide additional services beyond the one-day event?
- Can nonprofits continue to fundraise using the platform or do they have to go elsewhere or go through a separate setup in order to do so?
Find a Giving Day platform that gives you clear answers to these important questions and you’ll walk away with a successful Giving Day that will have a positive and lasting impact on everyone involved!