Giving Days are 24-hour fundraising events, where people rally together to donate resources – money, time or services – to causes or departments that matter to them.
These days of giving are typically hosted by Community or Civic Foundations, United Ways, large nonprofit organizations, and higher-education institutions.
Along with raising as much money as possible within 24-hours, Giving Day participants can also expect to expand their community outreach, gain increased exposure and promotion, and attract new supporters.
Everyone involved can benefit from the day and see their impact go far beyond the 24 hours!
Impact on Giving Day Hosts
- Strengthened community connections
- Increased local impact, awareness, and support
- Acquired understanding of causes or departments that are most important to potential supporters
- Better insights into which participants should receive matching grants
- Heightened ability to provide efficient fund advisory to community members
- Opportunity to increase funds and members
Impact on Participants
- Increased donations
- Increased promotion, exposure, and community awareness
- Heightened sense of community/comradery with other participants
- Unique opportunity to learn and grow from others
Impact on Supporters
- Heightened sense of connection with a cause/department
- Community-building with other like-minded supporters
- Increased awareness of other causes/departments
- Pride in contributing to something bigger than themselves
Impact on Local Communities
- Improved financial health of several organizations/departments at once
- Increased philanthropic spirit
- Elevated interpersonal and cross-organizational connections
These giving celebrations bring a great deal of positive promotion and attention, leaving a lasting impact on everyone involved!